Lee Wilson MAIPM, MWOBO, C.BuildE MCABE P.Eng (UK) is a building specialist with an extensive background in access for people with disabilities, general building compliance and project management.
Additionally, Lee is Director of Egress Group Pty Ltd, designers of enhanced exit signage solutions and owners of the ‘Accessible Means of Egress Icon’. Egress Group also manages licensing arrangements for the use of the Icon.
Lee also published an industry guide titled “Evacuation of People with Disability & Emergent Limitations: Considerations for Safer Buildings & Efficient Evacuations”.
Based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Lee can be contacted on +61438 580 729 (or 0438 580 729 in Australia).
Lee is a Disability Access / Disability Egress Consultant in Australia who:
- is an Accredited Member of the Association of Consultants in Access Australia
- is qualified in building surveying
- holds the graduate certificate qualification from Victoria University in performance-based building and fire codes
- has completed post-graduate studies in project management
- is a qualified Chartered Building Engineer
- has risk management qualifications
- has produced an industry guidebook on evacuation needs for people with disability
Lee has gained years of experience in Federal and Local Government, as well in private consultancies specialising in risk management, building compliance and access for people with a disability.
He is an advocate for dignified and equitable access for everybody and is a campaigner for equitable ways to get everyone out of a building during an emergency.
Lee is a member of a number of industry professional bodies:
- Accredited Member, Association of Consultants in Access Australia (ACAA)
- Member of the Global Alliance on Accessible Technologies and Environments (GAATES)
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (MCABE C.Build E)
- Member of Australian Institute of Project Management (MAIPM)
- Member of World Organisation of Building Officials (MWOBO)
- Member of The Society of Professional Engineers (PEng (UK))
- Registered Plumbing Industry Commission Practitioner
Please read his Bio pages on his personal blog site to learn more.
Please ensure you read the disclaimer here, as these are Lee’s views alone.
Thank you, please have a look around the site